Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The return of Yeasty Pants

Those of you who have hung in here for a while will know that Porridge is susceptible to problems in her trousers. The fur is so thick there that it does not dry very quickly, and yeasts start to grow...

Sunday being the first and probably only summer day we will have this year, I raced down to the river with my specially bred water-loving, supposedly water-proof dog.

She has not been swimming for months.

The inevitable happened, and there was a lot of delighted dashing and splashing about pretending to retrieve sticks from the water.



THEN, there was a horrible feeling of deja vu on Monday night as a ripe "who's left a bit of camembert lying around" sort of smell became evident in the living room.

Porridge slept blissfully unaware between our chairs, fermenting...

8 comments:

Zhoen said...

Dear, cheesy, Porridge.

marja-leena said...

Eeww. Just wondering, would swimming in salt water be beneficial in healing?

Lucy said...

Yay, whiffy dogs! Take me to the river...

Rosie said...

I applied a lotion prescribed by the teenage holiday vet this afternoon and on my return this evening, she is her usual sweet(ish) smelling self

Rosie said...

by the way Marja-Leena, salt water isnt good for her either...it irritates the skin, so it needs washing out...back to square one!
Pass me the hair dryer...

Jean said...

Yew... I'dove to live in the country and have a big dog, and hope I will one day. But it's just as well to be reminded of the less appealing aspects.

Amy said...

But the photo makes me think it was all worthwhile? She looks so content in the water.

Rosie said...

hmph I spoke too soon...the teenage vet's potion was not strong enough to stop the pong.
Further action is required...