Sunday, June 14, 2009

Never underestimate the healing effect of friends...

Porridge has been off her oats, mooching about, and scared of going out of the garden gates.

On Friday we went for a super walk with Lucy and Mol, and all was healed in the company of friends. The spring is back in her step, and she is once more rushing across pathways, cannoning into innocent pedestrians and diving into anything even remotely smelly, and, oh yes, water, lots of very wet water…

There was a delicate moment when we sat on a wooden bench, Mol jumped up and sat with us, and Porridge objected strongly and loudly to this presumption, (she is a bit big to sit on benches herself). This was resolved when P was invited to sit on the bench too. She just managed to fit on, but, having proved her point, was happy to get down and lie more comfortably in the grass.

Quessoy arboretum was the ideal venue since we were able to adjourn to the PMU bar in the nearby village and sip hot chocolate, as an exhausted Porridge steamed quietly in the sunshine and Mol dozed on the back seat of her new car.

Happy days…

10 comments:

Zhoen said...

Dogs don't indulge their dog friend's angst.

Very happy indeed.

Dingo said...

Sweet Porridge! I'm glad Molly was able to bring her out of her doldrums. It sounds like a lovely day.

20th Century Woman said...

I'm so glad Porridge is better. Sipping hot chocolate sounds just perfect.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you and Porridge are on the mend physically and mentally.

Lucy said...

Aww, thank you! We had a lovely time too.

Lucy and Mol

Anonymous said...

So glad Porridge is hale and hearty again,

GG

amy said...

We were walking around a nearby lake today and I saw a sweet dog that looked just like your Porridge - I figured "of course that's her" even though we're many many miles away, blog world crossing into reality. Glad she's doing better.

Rosie said...

z, dogs are cool...and sincere
D, Mol had a stimulating effect.
20th, the chocolate was just what we needed.
J, Porridge is alright now. I have a big thick stick to take with me to ward off daemons,but I am still wary and nervous about walking.
L lets do it again as soon as we can...
NW...yes Porridge is definitely hearty.
Amy, I do hope that one of these days you can meet her in person...or dog..well you know what I mean

Suzy said...

I love your writing. I can always imagine everything perfectly because you include such interesting details.

meggie said...

So glad her doggy run did wonders for her. I read Lucy's account of the outing, with delight, though I was horrified at the account of Porridge's attack.
I believe there are no bad dogs, only bad owners.