Monday, March 16, 2009

spring is in the air, surely, it must be by now, mustn't it?



The sun is shining at last.
Here is a photo that I took last summer. Click on it to see the bee liberally powdered with pollen.
It seems to satisfy my winter craving for light and colour.
Not long now...



Slugman has been muttering about planting and frosts and pests. He will be out there battling with nature in all its slimy forms before we know it.
Bunny is now loose and free range, as are our three chickens.
Perhaps we can look forward to an electrified fence around the vegetable garden this year.
I will keep you informed.

7 comments:

Mrs. Chili said...

Ooof. It's still cold and snowy here in New England. I'm SO ready for spring!!

Lucy said...

She lives!

Hmm, nature in all its slimy forms... perhaps I will do that post on the sex life of toads.

Rosie said...

Mrs Chili, I have had enough. I want sun and some lolling about on velvet cushions eating chocolate...
Lucy yes my head has been down and work has been flooding in leaving me hardly time to shout at the dog even. I have a concert with Etienne on Friday, and then things might quieten down.

Zhoen said...

(o)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back from your brief late season hibernation. We're in the early stages of First Green as well. May blossom is the marker for me and there's a little peeping out round the lanes now.

Rosie said...

Hi Zhoen...
Dick- I am ready for the sun. I might have to move to somewhere which has more light and heat...it gets more difficult every year.
Either that or an enormous energy consuming light box to keep SAD at bay.

hexe said...

Hope your sun and spring arrives quickly. We have nearly moved straight to summer here so feel free to send any remaining cold weather my way.