Monday, December 10, 2007

I’ll eat my panama hat

I am inspired by the news item about the missing canoe man in England who pretended to be dead and disappeared to Panama, leaving only a battered little red canoe behind him. The life insurance company still gave 20 thousand pounds to his wife, even though no body had been found. Now that he has turned up again and walked into a police station to confess, I expect that they will be wanting it back…The picture of him with his wife in Panama also gave the game away a little.

I immediately started to fantasize about how to arrange for the disappearance of my sweet H, after innocently and quite coincidentally augmenting our insurance premium for maximum pay off. He is going to India for a six week trip at the end of January, so this would seem to be the ideal opportunity. We just have to avoid having our photograph taken together afterwards in front of the Taj Mahal.

Come to think of it, he is so thrilled by the prospect of visiting India and absorbed in his preparations for the trip that he might even have his own disappearance plans that do not involve me.
Have a wonderful time my darling, whatever happens!

No comments: