Thursday, February 2, 2012

Night Nadgers


It is 5 am, and I am awake worrying about a performance we are to give tonight in someone's living room. It has been organised by a festival, and we dont know where it is or who they are!

It is always easier, I find, to play to an audience who are nicely hidden in darkness in an auditorium, so you cant see them yawning. I remember in America long ago, Annie Lennox got very angry with a girl who sat ostentatiously reading a book while we were on stage.

Mysweet has invested in a very fancy HD video camera, which is all very well, but at my age I like my wrinkles to disappear into a blur. He recorded our last rehearsal, and I have had a bit of trouble adjusting to the sight of the elderly lady in the middle. Perhaps I should have changed out of my slippers...

Next week promises to be challenging. The vet's coffers will be overflowing because we are organising a mass sterilisation of our animal companions. Old white kitty is past it anyway, but young Emile has been entertaining gentlemen friends in the garage and they have sprayed everywhere. Porridge is also going in since she regularly gets girlie infections, usually while we are on holiday in hot places... Oh no, and now it is 6 am...perhaps I should try and get a bit of sleep.

6 comments:

julia said...

but you are brilliant!
I love it!

Lesley said...

Yes, brilliant! And that line "like a new emotion" - I've heard it somewhere before, non?

Zhoen said...

Wow. Sleep, you have nothing to worry about.

Rosie said...

thankyou girls...lesley dont tell anyone!

marja-leena said...

Wow, you all sound and look marvellouw. Those drums are 'kool'!

Linda Gallagher said...

That is gorgeous!
I love to see you immersed in music with your kin! you must be quite a happy lady xxxx