Saturday, May 30, 2009

Quiet night in...

Saturday night.
The house is empty. 
Mysweet is working and the children are both out on musical adventures.
I settle into a comfy chair with guilty pleasure.
Surely it is shameful to like my own company so much.
A bit of computer, piano, think about a new music project.
Throw Porridge's plastic squeaky chicken leg across the room for her to retreive...
Wonder whether Susan Boyle has won the talent show.

Porridge's neck is stapled together after her encounter with the French doberman, but the wound is clean, and the metal work is to come out next week! 
A light melancholy settles over me, I put my feet up on a cushion and really start to enjoy myself.
If only depression could always be like this...

8 comments:

marja-leena said...

Oh, I do love time alone too! As long as it's not for too many days, sometimes just a few hours suffice. Why do we feel guilty about it, I wonder?

Zhoen said...

I love my time alone.

Poor Porridge, soon she'll be all unstapled.

Rosie said...

marja-leena, I think if I was better at "emotional intelligence" and relationships, I would feel less guilty. Solitude would be a choice rather than a refuge...
Zhoen I'm hoping it wont be too painful for her...will it be wire clippers? you're the one with operating theatre experience!

Dingo said...

Ahhhha, alone time! So nice but so hard to truly enjoy without feeling guilty. I hear ya'.

Give kisses to Porridge.

Mike said...

Time alone is essential for me. Too much of it can be a bad thing, but a little bit is always necessary.

Rosie said...

dingo we are never alone with dingo girl and porridge.
Mike, I'm sure carmen fills an important role in your life too...

Casdok said...

I like my time alone to.
I was sad to see that Susan Boyle didnt win. But im sure we havent seen the last of her.

20th Century Woman said...

It's like candy, isn't it? If one only had that to eat it would be dreadful. But a little time alone is delicious, I think.